« Home | Onwards and Outwords » | Messing with the MacGuffin » | Curation Between You and Me » | Should've Known Better » | What I've Learnt with the Dailyshoot » | Writing Phantoms » | Some thoughts on identity -particularly mine » | Google+ Thoughts » | Learning Italian and a poem » | They day students see us vulnerable, learning »

Why I Write

I cannot resist the temptation to write about this. It's the national writing day in another country, but when online, those boundaries are blur. I'll join the celebration. Here are my thoughts on why I write.

I write to be and become a self that is nowhere else found.

When my mind thinks in 'writing mode', I become a more organized and hopeful self.

I write to make sense. I write because if I don't, bits and pieces of varied, so far unconnected dots, come to overwhelm me and intrude with every new idea. They have been waiting in line and look forward to coming into the light, shining and giving me a sense of peace and balance.

I write because it's a read write web. The gems I find in my RSS create an anxiety or positive stress that urges me to write or let it die unsaid.

I write in the here and now. I write in a way that cannot be left for later. Just like a landscape will yield a different mood and tone if photographed at different hours of the day, when I blog, I need to be an impressionist.

As much as I write to reach out and connect to others with my links, I also write to shut out all the other voices and be in contact with me. No music in my room, no peeping into the Twitter stream. In my silence I write in the hope of being genuine.

I write for my own selfish reasons. If they touch your own, if they erode a sinew of yours, then go on and leave a comment, o RT or write in your own blog about it (I'd much rather you did that). Otherwise, move on: it's all right.

I write because, whether it ends up online or not, I cannot not write. (Believe me I keep as many drafts as you do, or more).

I write to know where my mind is at and also, most importantly, where it is going. I write to know where my mind is before (before is the operative word) I read someone I admire, because, sadly, that could corrupt my own thoughts. It's a shame not to think for yourself. It's a shame to read somebody jotted down what you merely -lazily- thought about or hinted at. It's OK to find that somebody can articulate it better. I'd much rather comment "well said" than "I agree".

I write because if I left this post for later, you may never see the like of it again. I write and publish to make sure that words will not be marred by my over thinking and prevent me from being faithful to my draft conversation style with you, dear readers, as I do now and today.





Labels: , ,

Wonderful. I am almost inspired to write my own, but I would do an injustice to this as you have once again pulled ideas from my head and yet again said things more eloquently than I could.

What haunts me is not the drafts yet unfinished, but rather the ones that have formed in my head and never made it in any version to paper... the onces lost because I did not write.

Thank you,
Dave.

So glad to read it inspires you. Thank you for your kind words.

If you allow me...I know...
Nothing more off-putting than a teacher asking you to write. But please, shut out the tab with my post and do write your own.

I cannot think of any injustice being done on a writing day of celebration like today.

What's unfair is to be silent.

Post a Comment

Links

Meta

Visits since July 2006:

Copyright ©2006-2024. Claudia Ceraso. All rights reserved.
  • My Blogger Profile
  • Subscribe to this blog's feed
    [What is this?]